Thank your for your interest in NCDCTA recognition of your competition.
Before requesting NCDCTA Competition Recognition please check the NCDCTA calendar to ensure your event does not conflict with a similar event on the same day.
Competition Recognition Rules
- The NCDCTA competition year runs from December 1 to November 30.
- The organizer/contact must be an active member of NCDCTA. If your membership lapses, your competition will be removed from the calendar. Memberships expire November 30 of each year (a 30-day grace period will be honored through the end of the calendar year). You will be advised via email when it is time to renew.
- All competitions of the same discipline that occur on the same day must be at least 50 miles from each other. No exceptions. A nationally recognized dressage show and a dressage schooling show are the same discipline. NCDCTA will only recognize a complete show (ALL disciples must comply with the 50-mile rule. If one discipline does not comply, NCDCTA will not recognize your competition). Google/Apple maps will be used to determine mileage (shortest distance must exceed 50 miles).
- Volunteer Cards will be issued electronically to active members who volunteer. Dressage shows will be entitled to "5" volunteer cards for each day of competition. Horse Trials will be entitled to "10" volunteer cards for each day of competition.
- Fees - North Carolina competitions will be charged $20 per competition. All other competitions will be charged $30 per competition.
- Payment - Upon receipt and approval of your competition recognition request you will receive an invoice, which you can pay online. Competitions will not be listed on the NCDCTA calendar until payment is received.
- Cancellation - Please advise the membership secretary of any competition cancellation (email@example.com). A fee can be rolled over to another date within the same season in the case of an "act of God" (hurricane, showstorm heavy rain, etc.). No other refunds or substitutions allowed.
- Competitions will be issued a unique NCDCTA competition number. Please include that number as part of any communication regarding that show.
- Upon receipt of your competition results and volunteer card recipients you will be eligible to renew your competition for the following year.
- Rule Exceptions: Other than the exceptions listed below, all USEF tack, safety and competition rules and guidelines should be followed. Any variation of USEF rules not covered by the exceptions listed below should be included on the application, and the respective NCDCTA Dressage/Eventing chairman will make the final decision as to recognition status. Note: Only a brief 1 minute or less comment can be given by the judge to the competitor after the salute. Other than a brief comment, Rule USEF DR122.10 "A member of the jury may not discuss a ride with a competitor before the bell or after the salute" will not be waived, due to blurring the distinction between clinic and competition. i.e. Fix-a-Test is a clinic, and not a competition.
- Allowable USEF rule deviations for NCDCTA recognized competitions:
- DRESSAGE JUDGES: Must be chosen from the current roster of USEF Dressage judges, USEF Event judges, or USDF L graduates.
- TECHNICAL DELEGATE: Not required, but show managers accept responsibility for rule enforcement.
- EVENT GROUND JURY: Not required, but show managers accept responsibility for rule enforcement, adjudication of inquiries, and agree to provide a competent, knowledgeable individual to judge stadium.
- EVENT COURSE DESIGNER: Not required, but show managers accept responsibility to ensure that all courses are up to current specs and safety standards.
- DRESS CODE: May be casual, including boots and bandages in the dressage ring.
By submitting this form you agree to the following:
- Results must be submitted within 10 business days from the end of your competition or November 20, whichever comes first.
- Results must be submitted as an Excel spreadsheet, a comma-separated text file, or a ".dat" file (USEF-recognized shows may send their USEF results dat file). A results template can be found at NCDCTA.org/hoy/.
- Volunteer card recipients must be submitted as an Excel spreadsheet. A volunteer card spreadsheet can be found at NCDCTA.org/hoy/. Volunteer cards will be sent via email from the membership secretary.