2018 Dressage Symposium with JJ Tate!
December 1-2, 2018
Justaplain Farm: 160 Log Cabin Dr, Silar City, NC 27344
Demo Rider Application
Open until October 8, 2018!
Demo Rider must be an NCDCTA member: $200
Open until November 21, 2018!
NCDCTA Members: No Cost!
Non-Members: One Day - $35. Two Days - $60.
Click here to Join Today and attend at no cost!
Lunch: $12 per day. Vegetarian option available.
Demo Rider Information
Requirements of Demo riders
- Riders must be NCDCTA members in good standing.
- Open to all members (AA, Pros, Jr/Yr).
- Although riders will experience a 45 minute lesson with JJ Tate, they should realize this is not a private lesson, but rather is an opportunity for JJ to share her training experience with a large number of people.
- Horse and rider must be able to perform in front of 100+ auditors.
- To the extent feasible, the selection committee will select horse/rider combinations such that all levels (Training through Grand Prix) are represented.
- To the extent feasible, the committee will select a broad range of riders (AA, Pros, Jr/Yr), and horses (Warmbloods, Thoroughbreds, Quarter Horses, Arabians, crossbreds, etc) so that auditors can see a variety of issues.
- A horse/rider combination must be able to ride both days.
Procedure for applying
- Applications must be accompanied by a link to an online video (short, 5-8 min) of you and the horse listed on the application. The work should reflect the level(s) at which you have stated you and the horse are currently schooling/showing.
- Include a picture and short biography of you and your horse. If selected, this will be used, for the booklet that will be given to all riders/auditors.
Answers to frequently asked questions
- Will there be a fee to ride?
The cost will be $200. This includes rides and lunch both days.
- Do I need to have competed this horse?
There will be limited stabling available at Justaplain Farm. Once selected, if stabling is necessary, the committee will provide more information to arrange for stalls.
- Other questions?
Contact Ashley Dimmette at email@example.com
Riding in Harmony
Whether riding or coaching, JJ Tate's friendly energy and classical approach are a breath of fresh air on the high performance dressage scene. A top ranked graduate of the young rider program, and USDF Gold medalist, JJ has now shown over 27 horses to FEI, 8 of those to Grand Prix. The protégé of world-renowned master horseman Charles De Kunffy, she has spent several years apprenticing in Europe and has consistently worked with top notch trainers like Steffen Peters, Walter Zettl, Michael Barisone, Michael Klimke, Oded Shimoni and Scott Hassler just to name a few. Her primary goals are to represent her country at the highest levels of competition while preserving the classical principles that have fueled her rise to the top. A sought-after clinician and trainer she splits her time between Landrum, South Carolina and Wellington, Florida. Please visit Team-Tatedressage.com and friend Team Tate Dressage on Facebook.